Monday, March 14, 2011

Bonjour

My name is Natalie Kirkwood I am a 20 year old South African but I also have a strong connection to Mauritius. My mother is Mauritian and I have my passport and Id for both Mauritius and South Africa. I can understand French and speak most of it but am very shy to speak it in front of people I don’t know or who don’t understand me. I’m a shy person who doesn’t talk a lot although I have a lot to express.
i wanted to focus on these aspects in my intervention. 

Below is a picture of my mother who has given me life, love and a wonderful heritage to be proud of.



My intervention for 10 days is to speak French all the time to everyone I encounter be it my friends, neighbours, lecturers and general public whether they understand me or not. I am interested in challenging my fear of speaking French and my shyness in general as well as exploring how it affects my communication with the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment